Saturday, April 30, 2011

Grab a Bite

1. Taco Casa - There are two of them, both in town, one is in the old Wal-Mart shopping center and one in the mall, the one is the mall always seems to be a little superior to the other.
1. Shane's Rib Shack -This is a tie for first because I love love their BuffQ, best mix of bbq and buffalo sauce ever!
2. Cahall's Deli - Chicken Salad to die for...enough said.
3. Tom's Hot dogs - There is nothing like a "Meal Deal"... for $5 you can get any hot dog you want, a bag a chips and a medium drink.  Tom's has what I call "sliced ice" which is glorious and they serve what I think should be award winning pink lemonade and sweet tea.
4. Sweet Basil's - This little gem is often forgotten because of Olive Garden and Carraba's and such, but it is even more delicious than either of those chains.  They have a special pesto salad dressing that makes my mouth water just thinking of it.
5. Red Robin... yuuuuum - Any place that gives you ranch dressing with your fries without you having to ask is my kind of place.
6. Bayou Joes - "Love the ambiance"... right on the water and twinkle lights over head... oh and the food is delicious of course, particularly the fried corn on the cob.
7. Panera - I love their soup and salad combo.  Mon, Wed, Sat, and Sun are the only days I eat there because that is when they have my Potato Soup, and I get the Caesar Salad with it because their dressing
8. David's Snoballs - You wouldn't necessarily go here for a full meal, although they do serve sandwiches and hot dogs, but their Snoballs are like none other.  The ice is so soft that you feel like you are actually eating real snow with much more unique flavors than your run of the mill snow cone booth.
9. American Cookie Factory/Pretzel Maker (Pier Park)- I love this place, they have "sliced ice" and cherry coke and whether you are in the mood for sweet or salty they've got you covered.  Whoever thought of selling cookies and pretzels in the same place is a genius.
10. Arby's - This is probably my favorite fast food place, their curly fries stand alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment